Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Adventures in sleep deprivation


These two decided last month to share a room, not too long after G started Kindergarten. I was so thrilled that they wanted to be together, that I agreed...and it's better than L waking up her baby sister! Most nights, they decide they need to share a bed. It was just a few months ago that I believed that this would NEVER be possible, all they did was fight. So, seeing them snuggled up like this is extra special. I am so thankful to see them forming a bond together. Of course they still have their fights, but which siblings don't??

While the regular early mornings have done wonders for getting a more consistent sleep routine working for G, I'm not home free yet! G still has the occasional really late night, nights when his mind is just working too hard to wind down to sleep, or he and his sister just can't quit playing. Thankfully they do pretty well at staying in their room and playing quietly. Last night both girls were up at 4 a.m., and didn't go back to sleep for a good long while. L was upset because her Pull-up leaked all over her Princess PJs, and they were "ruined" & "destroyed." Her baby sister is cutting another tooth and wakes up screaming at 4 a.m. every few nights. I'm tired...and grateful that everyone is peacefully sleeping right now so I can get to bed early!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that may be the most precious pic I've seen of your kids yet. The epitome of peace and tranquility. ;-)