Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Math, animal kindness, and a few creations



Was lucky enough to spend the weekend at my favourite scrapbooking store creating! Being back at work has definitely cut into my "me time" and my time to create, so it felt really good to have a chunk of time to do that, and it's motivated me to keep creating more often! My favourite layout from the weekend:














This guy was super excited today because he got to go to a math class, at the local junior high! I was a little worried that the kids would treat him like a bit of a party trick, but it sounds like they were just pretty excited by this little guy who could do their math. He learned some new math, but mostly just seemed pretty thrilled by the fact that he got to spend time with a boy who shares his interest in math! I'm so grateful to work with people who are so supportive and willing to work with us to find ways to celebrate his special gifts as well as work on his challenges.

And this one has been struggling with her temper lately, likely pretty typical 3 year old stuff...but we had some pretty long time-outs this weekend over intense tantrums because she did not have pink clothes to wear! I'm sure hoping it's not a predictor of teenage years. Thank goodness she is so fun and happy for much of the day :-)

2 comments:

Auntie Al said...

That is such a beautiful pic of M! Nice work.

And I can't believe L hasn't had her eyes scratched out yet... :)

G went to the jr. high? That's great! I can't wait to hear about it!

Anonymous said...

Hey mommy, what a great bunch of scrapbook pages. Thanks for sharing these with us. Glad to hear you had some fun "me" time.
G would have been in his glory at the junior high, what a great day for him and for you to know that others are helping G with his gifts.
L will settle down when she can gets a little older (we hope)... and M is as beautiful as ever... growing and changing.

Please give all three of our wonderful grandchildren big hugs and kisses from Gramma and Grandpa.