Sunday, April 13, 2008

I'm a rare bird...

Spent Friday leading a professional development session at work, on personality types and norms of collaboration. It's always insightful to do that kind of reflection on who you are and how you work. My personality test results showed that I'm an INTJ, one of the rarest types. One of the things that I always find fascinating about the Meyers-Briggs/Keirsey temperament tests is how dead-on they are...how people who do them read the description of their typology, nodding their heads the whole while. I've led a lot of professional learning sessions this year. It's been a lot of work, but I really enjoy it! I put a lot of effort into planning it, and it's so rewarding to see adult learners involved in engaged learning as a result of that planning.

We had a great weekend. It was beautiful out! Today the sun actually felt hot! We bought bikes yesterday, so now we each have a bike. G is thrilled about his new bike (but not interested in taking the training wheels off yet...which will be our goal for this year). We drove around the block a few times yesterday, and went for a longer bike ride today. M is NOT at all excited about wearing a helmet. She screamed and tried to pull it off the whole time she was in the bike seat. I finally just took it off her and stuck her into the bike cart. L isn't too interested in driving bike yet, although I'm sure she'll be able to (she's been practicing a lot on the SmartCycle). I'm hoping that she'll be more motivated to try once we put her new Princess basket onto her bike (which is G's old bike), so she can take Monkey for a ride.

Lots of playing outside today...bike riding, t-ball, badminton, bubbles, and Hut for supper! I love spring!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, they are growing up and we are missing all of this! Sure will be good to spend time with all of you. M is so cute walking, it seems like she should still be cuddling! L looks a little anxious in the tree, who can blame her, I would too! G is so grown up, he is focused on hitting that ball. Looks great. Hope you can explain your personality type to me ( I probably know, but would like to hear what the experts say). Good to hear your PD went well, not surprised, you have the skill/talent/patience to do these things well.
Keep up being you!
Love gramma and grandpa

Allison said...

Hey- Ryan just took the test... He's an INTJ too! Not quite what I expected, but I was really only sure about the I and the T. :-)