Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Grade One!


Today, you started Grade One. After a lot of anxiety last year, I wasn't too sure how things would go today, especially since you've had trouble sleeping over the past two weeks. A visit to your teacher last week seemed to have been a big help, because you were SO excited this morning! There were no tears, no resistance, no worries...just lots and lots of excitement.

When we got to school this morning, you were excited to see Nita waiting for you. I think you were happy to see a familiar face! Your teachers were waiting for you in your classroom, and you were so excited you just bounced around, and bounced around some more. You found your very own desk, with your name on it, hung your jacket on your hook, and put your inside shoes on. There were so many things to look at on the walls that it was hard to know what else you should pay attention to, but I was so thrilled to see how happy you were to have a good friend in your classroom, and I was so happy to hear that you two played together on the playground!

I have to admit that today was a little hard for me. This is the first time that I've really been forced to let go, and that's not easy for me. I'm a pretty protective mama! I've been so lucky to have you so close to me, in daycare at my work, for the past five years that it's a new experience for me to not be able to peek in to see how your day is going!

After hearing about your day, though, I've got lots of hope for this year. Your teachers seem so nice and caring, and like they have a real desire to understand you. There are good friends for you in your class, and you are starting the year with lots of excitement and motivation. I couldn't be more proud!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: