Thursday, May 28, 2009

I've got it good

It's been an intense week for me at work. I've spent most of my week involved in divisional work, rather than in my school. While I'm looking forward to being back with my own staff and students, my time with mentors, teachers, and resource teachers from our division reminds me how much I love learning, how rewarding it is to facilitate teachers' learning, and how inspired I am by the great work that is happening for kids in our division. I've been providing leadership to a divisional initiative for quite a few years now, and it's pretty astonishing how much has changed for teachers over that time... how so much of their learning is beginning to meld, and how significant change is emerging in their understanding about kids' learning! I've learned a lot from working with all of these teachers, and providing leadership has certainly deepened my own understanding of what makes a difference for learning. I feel pretty lucky to have even a tiny little part in making a difference for so many kids by providing opportunities for teachers to collaborate so they can reflect on and improve their practice!

No comments: