Monday, October 22, 2007

How did this happen?


It really feels like just yesterday that she was a newborn. I'm not ready for her to be just about walking, playing the piano, and getting into my tupperware cupboard (all signs of impending toddlerhood). I kiss those chubby cheeks and soft little hands & toes as often as I can...too soon they will be all grown up.

She'll be a year old in just a few weeks, and I'm still in denial. It's not that the time has gone by too quickly, there have been plenty of days in the past year that have felt pretty long...it's just that she's the last... I'm not going to miss the nighttime feedings, the fussy days, or the many, many diapers. Each new stage, though, has been a bit of a goodbye...knowing that I'm not going to go down this path again has made me cherish it all just a little more. Now hopefully I'll feel the same way about the terrible two's ;-)

No comments: