Saturday, January 12, 2008

change is hard

It's been good to get back into a routine, but we're also dealing with lots of change right now. G is going to school full days, on alternating days, and it hasn't been a smooth transition. I didn't expect it to be, but I'm looking forward to getting my little boy back to himself again (hopefully sooner rather than later).

One of the changes that I'm really looking forward to in the new year is working with our RDI consultant. We need to prepare a video tape for her before our first appointment, so we dug our video camera out of deep storage. We've also started the online learning component. I think that it's going to be very good for us to be doing this learning together. So far, I've been doing the majority of the reading and learning. It will be good for us to be sharing more equally in this process.

M is so close to walking and talking. The daycare staff was amazed at how much she changed over two short weeks of holidays, and so was I. She's turning into a toddler so quickly...which is so much fun, and also makes me just a little sad. I know she's going to be our last, and so I'm not in any rush for her to grow up.

We took G and L to see the new Veggie Tales movie in the theatre this afternoon. They loved it, and they were SO well-behaved. They were so excited to choose snacks, and they sat so nicely during the movie. L was a little enthusiastic in her reaction to the movie...a fair bit of shrieking and jumping onto my lap...but I wasn't surprised. She does have a pretty dramatic personality ;-) And, G handled the whole theatre experience a whole lot better this time, likely because we did a better job at helping him know what to expect. I'm so glad it went so well. It was a fun outing, and it will be a lot of fun to go again. I bought a couple of sleds before we went home, so hopefully we'll have some nice warm days soon so we can go sledding!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have three wonderful children, and you are so right to enjoy them as they are now, without pushing them to grow up too fast. M will be busy tearing up the hallways soon enough. L looks so grown up in the apron/cake photo, you caught her personality very well with that shot.
We are glad to hear you are working on the on-line component, hope it works well for all of you.
Chin up, love to all of you
Mom and Dad