Thursday, July 3, 2008

roughing it


Ralph was away last weekend on a fishing trip with some colleagues, so I decided to take the kids to camp with my parents. We were really roughing it in their motor home ;-) We had a great time! We had lunch at my favourite mexican restaurant, discovered a great public sprinkler park, played golf and catch a lot, and just had fun together.

Sleeping arrangements are always a bit of a challenge on these kinds of outings. M was so excited to be sleeping in the same room as me and the kids that she got quite hyper in her playpen. We needed to put a sheet up between her area and the other kids. G and L "slept" together on the hide-a-bed....after watching a movie, calling us in from the campfire a number of times, falling out of bed to look out of the window (that was L), and me lying down with them and getting pretty grumpy. Not all that surprising really, camping is pretty exciting!

I also got to do some shopping, which is always fun (aside from the bathing suit part of it). Grandpa and I took G to choose some toys with his birthday money. He did really well, and we had lots of fun playing with his choices. Sometimes he spends more energy focusing on how many things he can get with his money, but this time he really focused on things that he'd really like. Grandma and I took the girls shopping, and it was so cute and funny watching L pick out her own clothes from the big girl section (I can't believe she's already shopping in the big girl section!).
Posted by Picasa

No comments: