Thursday, August 21, 2008

Bye bye holidays!

I can't believe I have only ONE day of summer holidays left! I'm ready to be back at work, but the summer sure has gone by quickly. I'm hoping for a nice long fall!

Ralph was on holidays last week. We had talked about going away, but decided that we all could use some home time before the craziness of the school year begins. Luckily we had great weather, so we did lots of swimming! The kids have been having so much fun at the pool. G has been very determined to swim in deep water, and he's been having some success. L has become independent and very enthusiastic about the big waterslide. One afternoon she spent over an hour going down the slide. She can even "swim" to the ladder on her own. M is our one child who has been in love with water from day one. She is a little fish. She goes under the water, jumps into the water, and splashes like crazy!

Other highlights from the past week:

Going to the field to visit Grandpa -- a ride in the combine, pretending to drive the semi, and learning all about air horns :-)




















Visiting the Penners on the field -- going for a ride in the John Deere (G even wore his John Deere t-shirt for the occasion), loving all of the GPS system, and getting to apply the brake on the combine















I think this is the time of year when Ralph and I both miss farming. Harvest season is a lot of work, but it's also a lot of fun!

Sunday we went to a family gathering. It was good to see family that we haven't seen since Easter. It was REALLY hot, so I was grateful that my cousin had filled her kiddie pool! Another one of my cousins brought his quad with him. G loved the ride!

No comments: